Fortunately ours......

Fortunately ours......

Monday, April 12, 2010

Gladys.....not Alice....

Elizabeth says she remembers

"Gladys, where are you going?
Upstairs, to take a bath.

Oh, my goodness, oh my soul,
Gladys just went down the hole!"

Annette says it began with Patty and Marie from something they knew.
I had never heard of the following song/ditty.....until I looked it up on
the internet. For some reason "Gladys where are you going" was going
through my head that day. Ha.

"Alice, where are you going?
Upstairs to take a bath.
Alice with legs like toothpicks
and a neck like a giraffe.

Alice steps in the bathtub,
pulls out the plug and then..
Goodness, gracious, bless my soul,
there goes Alice down the hole!

Alice, where are you going?
Glug, glug, glug. "


I realize now that one of you guys didn't start it???
We never knew that song....
Gladys she was such a wonderful person....
So if it was mean spirited tease.....I'm glad I can't blame any of you !!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I remember:

    Gladys, where are you going?
    Upstairs, to take a bath.

    Oh, my goodness, oh my soul,
    Gladys just went down the hole!

    I didn't know it came from something else!

    xo
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete