Fortunately ours......

Fortunately ours......

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

the square dancing bug...

This picture of George and I was taken in 1976 at a square dancing convention in Sparks, Nevada. We had been dancing for 6 years.

Early in our marriage we took lessons in ballroom dancing (in fact we met at a 20-30 dance!!) At the urging of my sister Naine, we started square dancing.....then round dancing.

Get a load of the bouffant hair and everything matching!!!!!

What fun we had!!!!!!


We were square dancers for over 16 years and enjoyed every minute of it. We began dancing in 1970 and stopped when I got mononucleosis, then stopped totally in 1986, when I broke my hip falling out of our motor coach, of all things!!

I made almost all of my dresses and George's ties to match and saved leftover material.
In 1998 my girls decided to make me a little quilt of some of the material I used. I really love it and it goes every place I go.

It is signed 9.18.98 xxxooo The Girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment