Fortunately ours......

Fortunately ours......

Thursday, May 28, 2009

My mother's table...

I met your father on a blind date in December 1947...introduced by my sister Elva and her husband Frank, (who was a fraternity brother). During our courtship I invited George over for dinner at the house we rented on North 5th street, from Mrs. McGinnes. Of course my mother cooked and she always served a gazillion vegetables and a main dish which happened to be pork that night. I even remember where your father sat at this tableAfter being served and starting to eat, your father blandly said "Well I'll eat it now, but it is against my religion". My mother being a wonderful stoic just ignored his remark, and of course I was appalled until eventually he said he was just kidding!!!!!!



You can see what kind of humor I have had to put up with for 60 years!!!!!!

PS Annette now has this table but might consider loaning it out to someone who needs it..as long as we keep it in the family!!!

2 comments:

  1. joe and i have a dining room table very similar to this one. it was built in the 1940's i think. i posted it on my blog in either late feb or march. also, the pictures of little joseph in his underwear you can see the table pretty good.

    keep it in the family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is what we have decided!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete