Fortunately ours......

Fortunately ours......

Monday, May 11, 2009

our transportation through the years...


This photo of my first car, a Ford with a Columbia rear end,
was taken in 1948. I didn't know how to drive when we were
married and the only time Dad/George had time to teach
me was after work at dark and on a stick shift!!
When I went to take the test for my license I had Freddie
in the car with me and they sent me home...
no passengers they said!!
We traded this car to Auntie Naine and Uncle George
for a bureau....I think Annette still has it....refinished!!!

Gray convertible, Dell and Freddie in 1950
we bought this just before we got married 1948 and
drove to Yosemite with the top down!!!
wooo......did we have fun driving around!!

George in 1950...summertime snow bank at Shasta

Danny, Bobby, Annette, John and Mary at Ocean Beach
in 1966
dune buggies and camping
Our first station wagon



Fred mini cooper 1971 at Bumb ranch

Mark Troedson and Fred at the cabin..mini Cooper



my blue Volvo, who's ? sport car 1985
In the back...the coach we borrowed to go to Disneyland..what a trip!!!
another story...

Our first coach parked at the Bumb ranch 1987
this is the one I fell out of and broke my hip...
see how high the passenger door is???

1988...our pull car...after we parked the coach we went
anywhere!! I remember one Sunday in Palm Springs Dad
and I went out to breakfast in this little car...
to a very ritzy hotel with a panoramic view of the valley.
When we drove up through the portico an attendant with a
very tall top hat came up to park our car for us....what
a sight to see him try to get into the front seat WITH that
top hat on....he managed to look very dignified!!!

our second coach...in 1988

our second coach parked at the same spot at Bumb ranch 1989

Dad's new car 1988 or 1990

Fred at Bonneville

John's jeep..is that Christina driving???

Bob's pick up at Bumb ranch

Fred's new truck 2006

our Chrysler Town and Country van

Bob's new/old miyata, Mary, Annette jeep, Robbie Honda Accord
Elizabeth & Robert van, Fred & Cathleen ?, Danny ? van

another way to go!!!


and the best way of all!!!!!

1 comment: