Fortunately ours......

Fortunately ours......

Saturday, April 18, 2009

adventure in oil painting....

I took most of my art classes at SJ Adult Education classes. Judy was the one who taught me basic art, but when it came to oil painting we all painted the same picture, first a tree and then a barn. (I think Susan has the barn, but don't know where the trees went..didn't like them much anyway as they did not express what I wanted to paint.)

The first 2 oils below were my first, painted at an Art Store
on Alum Rock Avenue. We were able to paint what we felt...

(Elizabeth wants the seascape)


After the lessons with Judy this was a tree I painted on my own.
(Annette has this painting)



and this very small one

I tried a few still life, but felt I did better with pencil
on this kind of subject.



Then came the faces..which I painted from photographs...
maybe from National Geographic.

I gave Danny this Chinaman but it was burned up in his
Eichler home fire...

For some reason I call this one "Indian Poet" and I never finished it.
Some thing else must have caught my eye!!!!!

I enjoyed all my classes so much and would still be painting, had it not been for my sister and genealogy and the interesting classes I took, the side trips to cemeteries and libraries and Latter Day Saints archives!!! That got me started on the journey of doing both mine and George's family history!!! But that is another story.....

No comments:

Post a Comment