Fortunately ours......

Fortunately ours......

Monday, April 6, 2009

Pastels...


Bobby gave me a pastel portrait painting class for a birthday present one year...so I began sketching people faces, mostly from photographs and the kids.

This is a sketch the teacher did for me...sort of in the style of Petty or Vargas...not what I really wanted to do. There was a pretty crazy woman in the class who occupied all the teacher's time talking about her personal life, so he consequently didn't teach us very much.

This woman claimed to be the girlfriend of the owner of the SF Giants and she had some wacky stories to tell...I'll admit pretty fascinating!!! She said she had out of body experiences where she would float out of her bed and soar over the city.

She brought into class some pictures she'd done of nudes on velvet...don't know why she was in the class since she already knew how to draw....maybe for the pastel technique.

She also claimed to have been commissioned to do an oil portrait of Y. A. Tittle, at the end of his career, with broken ribs and a bad concussion, kneeling in his own end zone.
We never did see the painting of Y. A. Tittle, but here is the real picture...take her word for it!!!!




Below is one of my only attempts at pastels....
not too satisfied with my results.....off whack......too flat....
The drawing was too big for the scanner, and I still had oil painting classes to go!!!!......


No comments:

Post a Comment